Matchacado Coconut MousseFebruary 28th, 2017 0 comments
I love healthy afternoon snacks because they give me a boost of energy. I remember when I stumbled on Anita’s Coconut Yogurt and I mixed it with maple syrup and vanilla bean paste. It was the perfect dairy alternative, and then my culinary wheels began turning. I started to think about combining matcha, avocado and coconut yogurt to make a creamy dessert treat I threw it all in the food process, added a touch of sweetness and that’s when a “matcha” was made in heaven.
Matchacado Coconut Mousse
- 1-16 ounce container of Anita’s Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 large hass ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup agave, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (unsweetened green tea powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh berries and/or coco nibs for serving
- Place yogurt, avocado, agave or other sweetner, matcha powder, vanilla , and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend unti smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl/container and freezer for 20 minutes until firm and well chilled. Scoop and serve with berries and/ or cocoa nibs.
- Refrigerate, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This makes a great morning parfait. Try layering it with granola or other favorite toppings.